Ninja Legacies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ninja Legacies

A free, forum based, Non-Canon Naruto RP set years after the series. Things are still about the same, with some differences, see within for what they are.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Ninja Legacies is in the process of being revived! Please stay with us, and be prepared for some changes to the site! Thank you -Ninja Legacies Admin Trio
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Osaru
Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko I_vote_lcapSpecialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko I_voting_barSpecialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko I_vote_rcap 
Doom Kitty
Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko I_vote_lcapSpecialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko I_voting_barSpecialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko I_vote_rcap 
pioneercadet
Cassus
Baki
Minoru
Garnurk
Living Spirit Reborn
Jsalos
~Cipher~
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 144 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:09 pm
Latest topics
» Character Template
Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:10 pm by Osaru

» Hello
Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:24 am by Drac

» Um. . . o,e
Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:09 am by Doom Kitty

» Battle of the Gods! (Tournament, Off-RPG)
Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:07 am by Osaru

» back baby!
Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 9:50 pm by Osaru

» *sigh* I guess this is it...
Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 6:02 pm by Osaru

» OMGOMGOMGOMG
Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:25 am by pioneercadet

» Important Notice About Chakra!
Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 8:54 am by Doom Kitty

» Tadao Masanori (WIP)
Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 12:46 am by Oblivion

Affiliates
free forum

Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cassus

Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko Empty
PostSubject: Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko   Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 1:15 pm

A few explanatory notes:
Spoiler:

Requirements:Unless otherwise specified, these genjutsus can only be used if the user can determine the precise real-time location of the subject's brain. In other words, to trigger one of these genjutsus one must be able to see the opponent's head (unless they've had some strange operation or you have some weird ability to locate it). A hood or similar covering won't interfere with this, but a ten foot by ten foot wall will. Additionally, all of these Genjutsu require handsigns unless otherwise noted.

Name: Genjutsu no Jutsu- Genjutsu Technique
Type: Genjutsu
Element: N/A
Description: This genjutsu is a low-level genjutsu, and any abilities/talents/etc that the subject has will detect it as such. It requires almost no effort to employ (and has no real effect on any of the subject's senses).
Chakra Cost: 10

Name: Joushubi - Success
Description: The subject of this genjutsu will believe that whatever they next do was a success-- in other words, that whatever they next achieve was exactly what they intended to. This genjutsu's duration is reduced as such a belief becomes more ridiculous (for instance, the duration would be reduced to almost nothing if a father had just accidently stabbed his beloved son). Bear in mind that the genjutsu's expiration does not automatically change the subject's feelings.
Chakra Cost: 15

Name: Hazure - Failure
Description: This is the reverse of Minor Success-- whatever the subject next does, they will believe to have been a failure (and take action as their own will dictates). This genjutsu's duration is reduced as such a belief becomes more ridiculous (for instance, the duration would be reduced to almost nothing if the subject was Tsunade and she'd just saved Naruto's life at no cost to anyone). Bear in mind that the genjutsu's expiration does not automatically change the subject's feelings.

Name: Fuonbunshi - Unsettling
Description: The subject of this genjutsu will find the next statement they hear more unsettling/disturbing than it otherwise would be. Their mind may rationalize this in any number of ways; perhaps the speaker's tone was "odd," or perhaps something in their expression, or perhaps there's a logical reason to be worried that they instinctively identified, etc. This genjutsu's duration is reduced as such a feeling becomes more ridiculous-- a man who's just heard the love of his life say "I do" while subject to this genjutsu would experience a duration noticeably lower than he otherwise would. Bear in mind that the genjutsu's expiration does not automatically change the subject's feelings.

Name: Moushin - Credulity
Description: The subject of this genjutsu will feel a certain "rightness" about the next statement they hear-- or more than they otherwise would, at any rate. Their mind may rationalize this in any number of ways, as always. This genjutsu's duration is reduced as such a belief becomes more ridiculous-- a person subject to this genjutsu who heard "I was born the day before yesterday" from someone they'd known well for eighty years would experience a duration of perhaps twenty seconds. Bear in mind that the genjutsu's expiration does not automatically change the subject's feelings.

Name: Tenkan: Ryoumimi - Divert: Aural
Description: The Divert series is arguably the most dramatic result of Keibatsu Akihiko’s research. This jutsu redirects the impulses coming from the target's ears, simulating deafness. The pathways required must be maintained constantly by the user.
Chakra Cost: 15 to start, 5 per post afterwards

Name: Tenkan:Bikou - Divert: Nasal
Description: This diverts impulses coming from the subject's nose, simulating a lack of smell (and, to a certain degree, taste). The pathways required must be maintained constantly by the user.

Name: Tenkan: Sougan - Divert: Ocular
Description: This diverts impulses coming from the subject's eyes, simulating blindness. The pathways required must be maintained constantly by the user. Note that impulses going to the eyes are unharmed, so eye techniques can still be used by the subject (though it might be difficult to target them while blind, and any vision enhancing techniques would be worthless).

Name: Tenkan: Chinou - Divert: Stem
Description: This diverts impulses coming from the subject's brain stem, simulating paralysis. The pathways required must be maintained constantly by the user. Note that impulses travelling to the stem remain, so the subject still has full access to their sense of touch.

Name: Tenkan: Shitsunen - Divert: Memory Lapse
Description: This diverts impulses passing from the subject's short-term memory to long-term memory, simulating anterograde amnesia. The pathways required must be maintained constantly by the user. While even a Kage would have to release a victim from this genjutsu eventually, the results are permanent-- the memories do not magically appear when the diversion ends.
Chakra Cost: 20 to start, 6 per post afterwards

Name: Tenken: Kai - Divert: Release
Description: This powerful genjutsu creates numerous pathways throughout the brain centered on a single point. While their effect is negligible under normal circumstances, if a surge of energy passes through the mind (i.e., from Kai or another chakra-stopping technique), the force will be redirected towards a single location (determined by the user at the time the genjutsu is first established). The pathways required must be maintained constantly by the user, and it is almost impossible for the user to employ another Divert genjutsu on the subject of this genjutsu while they are affected by Divert:Kai. The pathways burn out after the genjutsu is triggered once, but that’s more than enough to change a shinobi forever—embolism, permanent brain damage, etc.
Chakra Cost: 60 (sorry this one can automatically cause permanent damage... i can not let it be low cost)

Name: Tsuyoi Genjutsu - Powerful Genjutsu Technique
Description: This is an upper-level genjutsu technique, and any abilities capable of detecting it will identify it as such (within their limits, of course). In addition, the subject will experience the "sense" that they are under a reasonably strong genjutsu technique-- something will feel "off," they might feel that what they are hearing/seeing/smelling does not match up with input from another of their senses, etc. It takes limited effort to employ; the rank represents the difficulty of employing the technique rather than the energy that must be expended.
Chakra Cost: 30 to initiate, 10 per post afterwards

Name: Kyuujinnokou - Wondrous Achievement
Description: The subject of this jutsu will see their wildest (physically possible) dreams come true in the next moments-- their thrown weapon will hit an enemy's throat with lethal effect, their secret crush will turn and greet them by name, etc. This genjutsu is based off of what the subject hopes for, not what they expect, and while the wish-fulfillment only last for a short period the effects are “maintained” for substantially longer—ten minutes or more (caveats follow). If reality is truly wretched, the effects of this genjutsu disappear-- for instance, if the character has received a (surprising, undesired) mortal wound from the event that just occurred (I mean, if they wanted the wound, it'd happen in their mind even if it didn't really). Unless there is physical evidence to the contrary, or the subject has a special ability that allows him/her to detect genjutsu, the subject will not realize that a genjutsu was used even after it expires.
Chakra Cost: 30 to start, 8 to maintain per post

Name: Sanpai - Abysmal Failure
Description: This is the reverse of Minor Success-- whatever the subject next does that they would ordinarily feel was successful, they will believe to have been a serious failure and feel a desire to "rectify" the situation. This genjutsu's duration is reduced as such a belief becomes more ridiculous, though the effects of such a reduction max out at about 20% of the total possible duration. Bear in mind that the genjutsu's expiration does not automatically change the subject's feelings.
Chakra Cost: 30 to start, 8 to maintain per post

Name: Fukushin - Trusted Friend
Description: The subject of this jutsu will view the next person they see as a friend/ally, and interpret their actions as "right" or "normal." This genjutsu's duration is reduced as such a belief becomes more ridiculous-- if the person the subject saw was a mortal enemy, the duration would be 40-80% less (depending on the depth of the hatred, of course). This Genjutsu's duration is severely altered by the actions of the person being viewed as "Friend"-- attempting to shove a kunai through the victim's throat will cancel the genjutsu immediately, barring exceptional circumstances (such as somehow convincing the subject they need to be killed, or that it was some kind of trust exercise); saying and doing things that are "friendly," like supporting the subject in a battle, can increase the duration. Bear in mind that the genjutsu's expiration does not automatically change the subject's feelings-- some shinobi use this when approaching a potentially hostile subject to give themselves a chance to "make their case."
Chakra Cost: 45

Name: Yosou - Accurate Prediction
Description: This genjutsu uses the mental images of the future being created by the subject to override their perception of reality-- in other words, they will perceive a world in which all of their predictions are accurate. Enemies and allies will do and say the things the subject expects them to, their own attacks will meet with success or failure as anticipated, etc.
Chakra Cost: 30

Name: Taihen Genjutsu - Truly Awful Genjutsu Technique
Description: The subject of this genjutsu will (obviously) be subjected to an A-ranked Genjutsu. Additionally, they will believe that it is a bad genjutsu-- they will hear the voices of their companions (or opponents) coming from places other than where they are standing, possibly telling them that things are different than they appear and that the subject is under a genjutsu, etc. They will instinctively “sense” that a genjutsu is affecting them. Whichever of their senses (always smell, and generally touch and/or sight) are not affected will “feel” the least reliable.
Chakra Cost: 50

Name: Fugutaiten - Enemy
Description: The subject of this genjutsu will view the next person they see as a mortal enemy-- even if they've never known hate the target will appear to be the embodiment of the antithesis of all they hold dear. An overwhelming desire to destroy this object will come upon them. This is not affected by the actions of their "enemy," since any conciliatory gestures will be dismissed as lies. It is, however, affected by extremely strong, genuinely positive past experience. A wife will not immediately attack her beloved husband of twenty years, but a soldier might attack a companion if he believed the other warrior's evil was "suddenly revealed." If the target is already strongly viewed as an enemy, the effects are far stronger, with the subject attempting to destroy his/her enemy to the exclusion of all else (concerns for the future, other friends/enemies in the vicinity, his/her own life, etc).
Chakra Cost: 45
Back to top Go down
Cassus

PostSubject: Re: Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko   Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 1:15 pm

Normal Genjutsu: These are more traditional techniques with individual requirements. Akihiko didn't develop any except the Castle.

Name: Kyozou - Image construction
Requirements: Control of the chakara in the target's head and a precise understanding of the desired image.
Description: This creates an image in the target’s mind, complete with motion and sound and (B rank only) appropriate sensations of physical contact. Examples of this jutsu include making someone believe arrows are flying towards them, seeing an injured companion, etc. More juvenile uses of this technique include making someone see a trail where there’s a tree.
Chakra Cost: 15 to start, 5 every post after

Name: Kokuangyou no Jutsu - Journey into Black Darkness
Requirements: Full control of one's own chakra and line-of-sight to all affected.
Description: Kokuangyou no Jutsu is a Genjutsu technique which causes the ninja's opponent to be enveloped in total darkness and silence.
Chakra Cost: 20 to start, 5 every post after

Name: Kori Shinchuu no Jutsu - Sly Mind Affect Technique
Requirements: An unwitting opponent and a reasonably large area
Description: Kori Shinchuu no Jutsu is a Genjutsu technique which causes the target to travel around in circles. If the ninja is unable to detect the illusion very quickly, they can become exhausted mentally and physically when they are unable to reach their desired target by traveling along the same path over and over.
Chakra Cost: 20 (this could be carried out far by an unsuspecting person so no per-post)

Name: Nehan Shouja no Jutsu - Temple of Nirvana Technique
Requirements: Time to extend one's chakra over the entire target area (and subjects who don't use Kai).
Description: Nehan Shouja no Jutsu is a Genjutsu technique that can place a large body of people into a unconscious state. Its weakness is that if the subject(s) use a Kai skill during the five seconds it takes to take effect, the technique fails to affect those using Kai regardless of the relative power of user and subject.

Name: Kenju no Genkaku - Castle of Infinite Hallucinations
Requirements: Months of peaceful concentration in a secure location, during which one's chakra network is almost completely drained on a daily basis. Significant planning. Sannin-level chakra control. Suitable materials in which to instill the illusion. Patience, and lots of it.
Description: This technique is performed by storing chakra inside the matter surrounding a location, such as the stones of a building, over the course of several months. If done properly, the circulating chakra produces a kind of resonant force in the mind of anyone (including the original user) that enters the area, creating a genjutsu-like effect. Its advantage over a normal genjutsu is that release techniques have no effect—the illusion is being created anew several hundred times every second.
While it is not possible to change the illusion so created once established (except by destroying everything and starting over), it is possible to influence the way that minds are affected by the resonant force by forming a kind of microscopic IFF (Identifier Friend-Foe) inside their brains. Since the entire technique is performed on such a scale, it is not possible to divide people into more than five such categories, one of which is always “unmarked.”
Chakra Cost:none (after jutsu is completed, but please keep a jutsu like this to a limited number of locations)
Back to top Go down
pioneercadet
Admin
Admin
pioneercadet

Character sheet
Chakra Reserve:
Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko Left_bar_bleue2800/2800Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko Empty_bar_bleue  (2800/2800)
Ryou: 200
Affiliation: Seven Deadly Sins

PostSubject: Re: Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko   Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 11:46 pm

I love the genjutsu techniques and I am going to approve them. Wait for a chakra cost to be posted and you will have yourself some jutsu Very Happy.

EDIT:
However, these jutsu are not to be taken lightly. I personally think genjutsu are extremely hard to replicate in an rp setting and, if you are going to use them on someone, I would rather you ask to talk with the person to see what kind of reaction their character should have before jumping into the post.
Back to top Go down
Cassus

PostSubject: Re: Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko   Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:33 am

Duly noted. That's also why I designed a lot that have a fairly simple effect, such as completely disabling a sense. The others... yeah, probably have to discuss OOC. On that note, I'll be posting some jutsu for his other specialties that should need far less discussion Smile

EDIT: Okay, I did some research on existing genjutsu (https://ninjalegacies.forumotion.com/jutsus-f17/genjutsu-techniques-t16.htm), and it seems a lot of the costs you've assigned are a bit high. For instance, Temple of Nirvana is approved with a cost of 15 (vs 150). Kanashibari Music, a multiple- target paralysis genjutsu, has a flat cost of 20 (vs 45 to start, 15 per post afterwards for a single-target paralysis technique). You're the admin, but I demand my right to gripe!
Back to top Go down
pioneercadet
Admin
Admin
pioneercadet

Character sheet
Chakra Reserve:
Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko Left_bar_bleue2800/2800Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko Empty_bar_bleue  (2800/2800)
Ryou: 200
Affiliation: Seven Deadly Sins

PostSubject: Re: Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko   Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 1:00 am

I agree you have a right to gripe, and I will lower a few of the costs myself, but others (the ones that I feel are too complicated and powerful for use without discussion OOC) will remain the same level.
Back to top Go down
Doom Kitty
Admin
Admin
Doom Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko   Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 7:45 am

As these jutsu have been costed and approved I'm moving them to the Approved area.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjalegacies.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko   Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko Empty

Back to top Go down

Specialized Genjutsu for Keibatsu Akihiko
Page 1 of 1